1. T or F: The doctrine of the Trinity was conceived by the theologians of the Nicene Council, circa A.D. 325.
2. Which religious body does not confess the Trinity?
F. the Baptists
A. Eastern Orthodoxy
H. Roman Catholicism
R. All of the above are Trinitarian
3. Complete this sentence, the Subject of which is the Lord Christ: "Therefore the Jews sought all the more to kill Him, because He not only broke the Sabbath, but also said that God was His Father, making Himself with God."
4. In these two books of the Bible, angelic beings are depicted as crying out "Holy! Holy! Holy!" as they worship God:
W. Isaiah and Revelation
O. Psalms and Song of songs
R. Ezekiel and Revelation
D. Hezekiah and Third Timothy
5. At Genesis 11:7 we read, "Come, let US go down and there confuse their language, that they may not understand one another's speech." The pronoun US refers to:
P. the members of an ancient organization similar to the United Nations, who sought to destroy the one official language of all the Earth which existed at that time, in order to end discrimination against nobody.
N. those mighty angels who would serve God by doing the miraculous and mysterious work God which commanded them to do at the tower of Babel.
E. the Father and the Son, but definitely not the Holy Spirit
U. all three members of the Trinity
M. at least two Members of the Trinity
A. God and the descendants of Seth, who like Noah found grace in His eyes.
6. Which best illustrates the Trinity?
T. The one sun which has three aspects: light, heat, power.
R. One egg which has three parts: shell, white, and yolk
I. Identical triplets
U. "Siamese" triplets
N. None of the above
E. T or R
7. Complete this verse, in which Jesus Christ is speaking: "But the , the Holy Spirit, whom the will send in My name, He will teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all things that I said to you. (Each blank is one word.)
8. The title given by Christ to the Holy Spirit in the verse above (first blank) is one that clearly demonstrates the distinct personality of the Holy Spirit, as does the Spirit's work of TEACHING, to which Jesus also refers in the verse. Which of the following does Scripture also attribute to the Holy Spirit?
R. The capacity to be grieved
U. The faculty of speech
A. The ability to convince
C. Divine dignity, implied by His capacity to be made the Object of blasphemy
H. The work of guidance
E. All of the above
9. The Bible attributes the divine work of creation to:
U. the Holy Spirit, the Son, and the Father
I. God the Father only
O. the Father and Son but not the Holy Spirit
S. the Son, after He Himself was first created by the Father
10. The apostle Peter wrote that the saints are according to the fore-knowledge of God the Father, through of the Spirit unto obedience and sprinkling of the of Jesus Christ. (Each blank is one word.)
11. Which is NOT an historical anti-Trinitarian heresy?
12. T or F: The term Trinity itself does not appear in the Bible.
13. Christ's beloved apostle wrote: "John, to the churches which are in Asia: Grace to you and peace from Him who is and who was and who is to come, and from the spirits who are before His throne..." (Each blank is one word.)
14. T or F: Theologians speak of the Trinity from two perspectives, namely ONTOLOGICAL and ECONOMIC.
15. Which group of three has one or more books of the Bible in which the Holy Spirit is NOT mentioned:
E. Psalms, Isaiah, Galatians
L. Genesis, Daniel, James
O. Leviticus, Esther, Philemon
H. Exodus, Zechariah, 1 Thessalonians
I. Job, Ezekiel, Jude
M. Numbers, Judges, Colossians
16. T or F: The incarnation will eventually end. In other words when Jesus comes again, and "delivers up the kingdom" to His Father, He will remain the most exalted member of the human race, but will cease to be God in the flesh.
17. The Trinity is clearly revealed in which New Testament passage(s)?
T. The baptism of Jesus, recorded in three of the four Gospels
H. The "Upper Room Discourse" of Jesus in the Gospel of John
R. Christ's Great Commission to the Church, given at the end of Matthew's Gospel
I. The apostolic benediction of Second Corinthians
C. The salutation of the apostle John in Revelation chapter one
E. All of the above
18. Complete the verse: "Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God, the LORD is !
19. One of the several ancient heresies concerning the triunity of God was called MODALISM. This error taught that:
H. the members of the Trinity were not co-equal. The Father was the greatest, the Son inferior to Him, and the Holy Spirit inferior to the Father and the Son.
O. the Father created the Son and that the Holy Spirit is an impersonal force.
L. the One God manifested Himself sometimes as the Father, at other times as the Son, and at other times as the Holy Spirit.
the Father and the Son are co-equal, but that the Holy Spirit is not a person.
20. Complete the passage: When He had been baptized, came up immediately from the water; and behold, the heavens were opened to Him, and He saw the Spirit of God descending like a and alighting upon Him. And suddenly a came from heaven, saying, "This is My beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased." (Each blank is one word.)
21. As Genesis ch. 18 opens, the statement is made that the LORD (Jehovah) appeared to the patriarch Abraham. Then we read that three men suddenly stood by Abraham. Abraham then said,"My Lord, if I have now found favor in Your sight, do not pass on by Your servant." As the account goes on, Abraham shows lavish hospitality to these three mysterious men. Which of the following is the most Biblically accurate comment on this passage?
A. This is one of the Old Testament's most clear and obvious instances of the foreshadowing of the Trinity.
B. It was common courtesy in Abraham's time to show great hospitality to visitors, even total strangers. The three were ordinary men, but the LORD rewarded Abraham's good deed by appearing to him, which actually took place immediately after the three men visited Abraham.
C. All three men are angelic beings appearing in human form. The statement that LORD appeared to Abraham is a way of saying that God's angels brought a special message to Abraham from God.
D. If we consider the greater context, it is apparent that two of the men were angels appearing in human form, and the third one the LORD likewise appearing in human form.
22. Perhaps you have been asked something like, "if the Trinity is so important, why doesn't the Bible have a concise, crystal clear theological statement expressing it?" Choose what you consider the best answer to that:
P. Actually, there are a few passages that do that, insofar as it can be done at all.
A. The truth of God's triune being is like a dye which utterly permeates the fabric of Scripture. To ask that question is like trying to make an entire wardrobe out of one thread from that fabric. Asking for that one concise, crystal clear theological statement is like asking to have one ray of sunlight shine in isolation from the whole dazzling orb.
T. GOD EXISTS. There is no place in the Bible where that two word sentence appears. Does this mean we cannot affirm that the Bible teaches that GOD EXISTS? We have no more need for a single theological statement about God's triune being than we have need of one affirming his bare existence.
R. The historic, vital, prophetic writings of Scripture are the raw materials from which theology is built.
O. The ancient creeds of the Church do NOT have, in and of themselves, the authority of God's holy Word the Bible. However, they stand century after century as theologically unassailable condensations of what God revealed "at various times and in various ways" (Hebrews 1:1) and preserved in His holy Book.
S. The Trinity being the truth about the being of God, it cannot be fully revealed to finite minds for such cannot comprehend the infinite, eternal God. "One concise, crystal clear theological statement" which exhausts the fulness of this sublime truth will NEVER exist, even to everlasting ages.
23. Is your final verse completion question: "The of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the of God, and the of the Holy Spirit be with you all. ."
24. Choose the BEST comment on the divine revelation of the Trinity over the course of the sacred history:
A. There is no hint of the Trinity in the Bible until Jesus commands that disciples be baptized in the ONE name (not names, plural) of the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit per Matthew 28:19.
B. The Trinity was not taught among God's people until after the day of Pentecost, when the Holy Spirit came in His fulness as the One to replace the physical presence of the Son incarnate, Who had ascended to Heaven sit at the right hand of the Father.
C. As with much of the truth of God revealed in the Bible, there was a foreshadowing of His triune being in the Old Testament, which was given in brighter fullness through the teaching of Jesus and His apostles.
D. The Trinity is fully revealed in the Bible from Genesis to Revelation.
25. T or F: Although God's triune nature is utterly incomprehensible to our finite minds, and although God's people often struggle with disquieting and doubting thoughts about this and other aspects of His truth revealed in Scripture, the one who consciously and willfully denies the Trinity has denied the One true God, and is still outside of Christ's salvation.
The Trinity is Biblically orthodox, vital TRUTH.
This is narrow minded, sectarian dogma. FALSE.