1. T or F: Four men came to visit Job and spoke with him after his calamities.
2. Moses was of the tribe of .
3. Which king dabbled in necromancy, the attempt to communicate with the dead:
4. The Law of the Lord...
A. requires the testimony of at least four witnesses to enact the death penalty.
B. is detestable to the fleshly mind.
C. was completely abolished for Christians by the Lord Jesus.
D. is perfectly interpreted by the human heart.
5. Which trio are among the Minor Prophets?
A. Elisha, Elijah, and Noadiah
B. Obadiah, Nahum, and Haggai
C. Nostradamus, Jeanne Dixon, and Edgar Cayce
D. Joel, Jonah, and John (the Baptizer)
6. "The of the LORD killed in the camp of the Assyrians one hundred and eighty-five thousand..."
7. The historical origin of which one is NOT recorded in the book of Genesis?
B. Animal sacrifices
D. The North Star
G. All of the above originate in Genesis
A. means the ability to speak several languages
B. was a sin of the Biblical patriarchs which Scripture faithfully records
C. was practiced by Jacob, but not Abraham
D. was not immoral at that time (when practiced by the Biblical patriarchs)
9. Aaron and Miriam were the siblings of .
10. Which is an Old Testament queen?
11. T or F: Jesse, son of Kish, was King David's predecessor on the throne of Israel.
12. Which term is NOT found in the Old Testament:
13. Abraham's nephew Lot's son by his elder daughter was .
14. T or F: The Egyptian Pharaoh of Joseph's day "lifted up the heads" of both his chief baker and his chief butler.
15. Choose the BEST overall description of the Old Testament.
A. A collection of stories about how things were before the dawning of the Age of Aquarius.
B. The account of how God worked among men before grace and truth came by Jesus Christ.
C. A compilation of loosely related anecdotes, visions, axioms, and traditions.
D. The record of the unfolding of God's gracious plan of salvation.
16. Which is the BEST statement about the Old Testament as it relates to the Lord Jesus Christ?
A. It makes an occasional prediction about His coming.
B. Everything it contains is inferior to His teaching.
C. In its entirety, it foreshadows and foretells His person and work.
D. Any relation between Christ and the Old Testament is purely coincidental.
17. T or F: There are 31 Biblical Proverbs.
18. The division of the Davidic kingdom into Judah (southern kingdom) and Israel (northern kingdom) occured:
A. Soon after Solomon's death, when Rehoboam began to reign.
B. When Saul became enraged with David and vowed to kill him.
C. When Jeroboam began to lead the people into idolatrous practices.
D. At the time that David sinned in the matter of Bathsheba and Uriah, as God's punishment of David.
19. became the capital of the Northern Kingdom.
20. The four Gospels give us a glimpse of how Old Testament religion had been corrupted by many at the time of Jesus' earthly life. Choose the most accurate summary of the situation.
A. Since there had been no new revelation from God for centuries, the people understandably became like sheep without a shepherd.
B. Fanatical groups like the Pharisees and Sadducees were intimidating the sane, moderately religious folk.
C. The Law was being misapplied, the Prophets misunderstood, and human tradition was usurping divine statutes.
"Majoring on the minors" had become the norm.
21. Ruth the daughter-in-law of and an ancestor of Christ was of the nation of . (Each blank is one word.)
22. T or F: Daniel and his three friends were all thrown into a fiery furnace. Surviving that, they were all thrown into a den of lions.
23. Which of the following is NOT found in the Old Testament:
A. The LORD will give grace and glory
B. Thine is the kingdom (or Yours is the kingdom)
C. You shall love the LORD your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your strength.
D. You shall love your neighbor as yourself
E. The meek shall inherit the earth
F. All of the above are found in the Old Testament
24. Balaam was hired by the king of to curse Israel.
25. Choose the word that does NOT belong: