1. T or F: Although both the lost and the redeemed will be present on Judgment Day, only the redeemed will be resurrected.
2. Comparing the day of judgment to come with the great Flood, which Holy Spirit inspired man wrote, "...the heavens and the earth which are now preserved by the same word, are reserved for fire until the day of judgment and perdition of ungodly men."
3. T or F: Though He is sinless and perfectly innocent, as a gesture of His great humility Christ Himself will stand in judgment on that great day.
4. Complete this saying of Jesus: "But I say to you that for every word men may speak, they will give account of it in the day of judgment."
5. On one important occasion, Abraham said to God, "Far be it from You to do such a thing as this, to slay the righteous with the wicked, so that the righteous should be as the wicked; far be it from You! Shall not the Judge of all the earth do right?" God replied:
J. "If I find in Sodom fifty righteous within the city, then I will spare all the place for their sakes."
U. "What happens to the sons of men also happens to animals; one thing befalls them: as one dies, so dies the other. Surely, they all have one breath; man has no advantage over animals, for all is vanity."
D. "The poor man and the oppressor have this in common: the LORD gives light to the eyes of both."
G. "My thoughts are not your thoughts, nor are your ways My ways."
E. "Does not the potter have power over the clay, from the same lump to make one vessel for honor and another for dishonor?"
6. Complete the verse: But in accordance with your hardness and your impenitent you are treasuring up for yourself in the day of and revelation of the righteous judgment of ." (Each blank is one word, and they must appear in the order given in the text.)
7. The first prophecy of a great day of judgment came through:
A. the patriarch Enoch
P. Terah, the father of Abraham
O. Eliphaz, one of Job's three friends
8. T or F: On Judgment Day it will be clear that the vast majority of the human race has been redeemed.
9. On Judgment Day:
T. God the Father will appear on the throne with Jesus at His side, and the Holy Spirit will be unseen.
R. The Holy Spirit will finally appear in all His glory as the Judge.
I. The Father, Son, and Holy Spirit will appear as a panel of three divine Justices.
U. All judgment is given to the Son.
N. Those who have heard the Gospel will be judged by Jesus, and those who have not will be judged by the Father.
E. God the finally authoritative Judge will nevertheless remain invisible, while His angels actually pronounce His final sentence on each human being.
10. Complete the verse: has been perfected among us in this: that we may have boldness in the day of judgment; because as He is, so are we in this . (Each blank is one word.)
11. When the Son of Man comes in His glory, and all the holy angels with Him, then He will sit on the throne of His glory. All the nations will be gathered before Him, and He will separate them one from another, as a shepherd divides his sheep from the goats. And He will set the sheep on His right hand, but the goats on the left. Then the King will say to those on His right hand:
V. Attaboy! Attagirl! Good job, everybody!
R. Go in peace, beloved, be warmed and filled.
D. Come, you blessed of My Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world.
C. Peter my choice servant shall open Heaven's gate to you, My dear friends.
T. I am the way, the truth, and the life...and you came to the Father by Me.
12. Then He will also say to those on the left hand:
V. Your bad deeds outweigh your good deeds. Justice must be served!
R. O foolish ones, and slow of heart to believe in all that the prophets have spoken!
D. Why did you refuse to repent?
C. Depart from Me, you cursed, into the everlasting fire prepared for the devil and his angels.
T. The verdict is that you be separated from Me forever.
13. T or F: The Bible says that the people of God will participate in the judging of angels.
14. Which of these considerations makes Judgment Day incomprehensible to our limited minds?
M. That every human being who has ever lived or will live will be judged.
S. That every thought, word, and deed of every human being will be assessed.
T. That all this judging, in all its exacting thoroughness, would not itself require millions or billions of years to complete.
R. Standing face to face with the almighty, eternal God Who is perfect in holiness, justice, and righeousness
Y. All of the above
15. Which of these results of Judgment Day makes manifest that it is the good, righteous, and necessary termination of human history?
M. All of the following
S. The vindication of the righteous and the exposing of the wicked
T. The full and final overthrow of satan, sin, and death
R. The making right of all wrongs
Y. The glorification of both the infallibly rigorous justice of God and the unfathomable, loving grace of God.
16. Another verse completer: then the Lord knows how to deliver the godly out of and to reserve the unjust under punishment for the day of judgment.
17. Choose the phrase NOT found in the Bible:
B. "...the word that I have spoken will judge him in the last day."
E. "Upon this rock I will build my kingdom, and the rock shall stand as My doorkeeper."
N. "He has appointed a day on which He will judge the world in righteousness by the Man whom He has ordained."
C. "...the day when God will judge the secrets of men by Jesus Christ, according to my gospel."
H. "...there is laid up for me the crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous Judge, will give to me on that Day."
18. Complete this verse also: "And the angels who did not keep their proper domain, but left their own abode, He has reserved in everlasting under darkness for the judgment of the great day.
19. Complete this one not just by a word, but by the final phrase: "So Jesus said to them, 'assuredly I say to you, that in the regeneration, when the Son of Man sits on the throne of His glory, you who have followed Me will also:
S. sit on twelve thrones, judging the twelve tribes of Israel.' "
E. be regenerated.' "
A. be judged yourselves.' "
T. None of the above.
20. In his vision in the Apocalypse (book of Revelation), John saw a great white throne, and Him Who sat on it, from Whose face the earth and the heaven:
S. received all their light.
E. had gone forth.
A. shrank back into nothingness.
T. fled away.
21. Identify the only STANDARD by which every human being will be judged on that great day when we all appear before God.
D. The grace of God
O. The strength of his faith
C. The law of God
K. His denial or affirmation of God's existence
22. Identify the only GROUNDS or BASIS of deliverance from the dreadful and eternal condemnation of the Almighty, thrice holy Judge of all.
W. Having good karma
A. God's grace in Christ
L. His good works outweighing his sins
K. God's love for all His human children
23. Identify the only MEANS by which a soul obtains forgiveness of sin and eternal salvation from the God of redeeming love.
24. Jesus taught that "it will be more tolerable for the land of Sodom and Gomorrah in the day of judgment" than for:
T. those who have a form of religion, but deny the power thereof
O. the high priest and his Sanhedrin
U. the devil and his angels
G. Caesar and the Roman Empire
H. any city which did not receive his apostles
25. My own belief about Judgement Day is:
S. There is no such thing.
U. I'm a good person, so if there is such a thing I think I'll be OK.
M. I don't want to think about it.
O. I'm probably going to hell and there's nothing I can do about it.
N. Because of Jesus, I have full assurance that I will stand before God acquitted of my guilt on that great day.