1. What is the meaning of ANTEDILUVIAN?
M. Taking a stand against the Di'Luvianists, an ancient terrorist group
E. Before the Flood
A. Antiquated; like a troglodyte or a Neanderthal
N. The opposite of Prodiluvian
S. It is the English translation of the French saying, "Après moi, le déluge."
2. In Genesis 4 and 5, TWO patriarchs by the name of Enoch appear. They are, respectively:
E. The son of Cain and the son of Jared
N. The father of "those who dwell in tents and have livestock" and the brother of Enos
O. The father of Methuselah and the grandson of Methuselah
C. The second known murderer and the first man to work a miracle
H. None of the above
3. T or F: Nations, i.e. major ethnic groups, did not exist before the Flood.
4. According to the New Testament was the first man to prophetically declare that God would convene a great Day of Judgment.
5. The most significant historical event between Creation and the Great Flood was:
T. The murder of Abel by his brother Cain.
R. The Fall of Man
A. God's judgment at the Tower of Babel
G. The extinction of the dinosaurs
I. The Battle of Primogeddon
C. The passing into eternity of Adam, the father of all human beings
6. "When you till the ground, it shall no longer yield its strength to you. A fugitive and a vagabond you shall be on the earth." These words were spoken:
D. By the devil to Job
R. At a time and place in Biblical history which is beyond the scope of this quiz.
I. By God to Cain
F. Angrily to herself by Eve
T. By a guardian cherub armed with a flaming sword, to Adam
E. Under the boardwalk, down by the sea
R. Tearfully by Adam to Cain
7. The waters of the Great Flood of Noah's day:
A. did not really cover the entire globe of the Earth.
P. prevailed on the earth one hundred and fifty days.
R. Were so destructive because they came from acid rain.
E. prevailed on the earth forty days and forty nights.
S. began their destructive work at Noah's command.
8. T or F: It never rained on Earth before the Great Flood, which began in the 17th century after creation.
9. In ancient times, according to the Bible:
W. Giants existed.
H. The "sons of God" came in to the "daughters of men," who bore children to them.
A. There was one universal human language.
T! All of the above
10. Complete the verse: "…Adam lived one hundred and years, and begot a son in his own likeness, after his image, and named him . (Each blank is one word.)
11. Which of the following did Noah's ark most resemble?
12. The phrase "the antediluvian kings colonized the world" is from:
A. a song by a late twentieth century folk singer
T. the apocryphal addition to the book of Daniel known as Bel and the Dragon
L. a work of Pliny the Elder, Roman author, naturalist, and philosopher (A.D. 23 79)
N. several Biblical verses
I. all of the above
S. the mind of the quiz creator who made it up as a trick question
13. In Genesis 4 and 5, TWO patriarchs by the name of Lamech appear. They are, respectively:
T. None of the following
W. The world's first cowboy and the world's first saloon owner
O. The son of Seth and the father of "those who play the harp and flute"
M. The first known polygamist and the grandfather of Noah
E. The father of Jubal and the father of Jabal
N. The father of Enoch and the son of Enoch
14. The content of Genesis chapter five is primarily:
P. Poetry, not actual history
E. A description of the building of the ark
N. A geneology from Noah to Abraham
T. The table of nations
A. A geneology from Adam to Noah
15. At Genesis 6:3 we read And the LORD said, "My Spirit shall not strive with man forever, for he is indeed flesh; yet his days shall be one hundred and twenty years." The one hundred and twenty years are:
L. A figurative reference to the balance of human history, which would be one hundred and twenty centuries.
I. The years remaining until the Flood would begin.
F. The years remaining in the life of Cain, the man against whom God's Spirit was striving.
E. The average human life expectancy, to be drastically reduced after the Flood.
16. Noah found in the eyes of the LORD.
17. According to the Bible, Adam's immediate descendants by Eve:
B. Were given one more chance to do the right thing in Eden.
E. Were "sons and daughters", quantity not stated.
G. Were delivered by God Himself at the end of Eve's pregnancies.
O. Were thirty sons and seventy daughters.
T. Were three sons only.
18. Add what is missing in this proud and wicked boast: "If shall be avenged sevenfold, then Lamech seventy-sevenfold."
19. The SECOND woman named in the Bible is:
20. T or F: The New Testament mentions both Cain and Abel
21. The Antedeluvian Age was:
W. A grief to the heart of God.
A. An age of corruption, violence, and mighty men.
L. A time when human lifespans were multiple centuries long.
K. All of the above.
22. Canaan was:
O. Where some descendants of a son of Ham settled after the Flood
L. Noah's grandson
D. Cursed by Noah
Y. All of the above
23. Cainan (or Kenan) was
E. The grandson of Seth.
A. The world's first known comedian.
S. An ancient spelling of the name Canaan.
Y. The longer form of the name Cain (son of Adam).
24. T or F: There were no seas on Earth before the Flood, which created them.
25. Complete this passage: "For Christ also suffered once for sins, the for the unjust, that He might bring us to God, being put to death in the but made alive by the Spirit, by Whom also He went and to the spirits in prison, who formerly were disobedient, when once the Divine longsuffering waited in the days of Noah, while the ark was being prepared, in which a few, that is, souls, were saved through water." (Each blank is one word, and they must appear in the order given in the text.)