1. Complete the verse: "And the Angel of the LORD said to him, "Why do you ask My , seeing it is wonderful?"
2. The same name is omitted in both blanks: "And God heard the lad crying; and the angel of God called to _____ from heaven, and said to her, "What is the matter with you, _____ ?" What is that name?
3. After He revealed to the aged couple that they would have a son God asked Abraham, "Why did Sarah laugh, saying, 'Shall I indeed bear a child, when I am so old?'" Then God also asked:
P. Is anything too difficult for the LORD?
R. Do you want Me to give you something to cry about?
O. What do you want to name the boy?
B. Is this not rather a reason for you to give thanks to Me?
E. Did I not promise to make you a father of many nations?
S. When are you two ever going to learn?
4. T or F: God never asks His people questions they can't answer if they have faith and wisdom.
5. The prophet Jeremiah complained over God's command to him to buy a field in the city of Jerusalem when it was under seige. In response the word of the LORD came to Jeremiah, saying:
N. Did I not promise this land to your fathers as an inheritance?
Q. Are you not to walk by faith, and not sight, Jeremiah?
U. Is not your heavenly home of much greater value?
I. Why should I endure your murmuring?
R. Behold, I am the LORD, the God of all flesh; is anything too difficult for Me?
E. You people are a stiff-necked people. Did I not take Eden from Adam when he sinned?
6. God was speaking to a false prophet when He asked, "Why have you struck your these three times?
7. On two occasions, God asks Jeremiah three of these four questions. Choose the imposter:
W. Who is like Me?
H. Who will arraign Me?
A. Who will condemn Me?
T. Who is that shepherd who will withstand Me?
8. Speaking to many who claimed to follow Him, Jesus asked, "why do you call Me 'Lord, Lord,' and do not do the things which I say?" Choose the true disciple's best response to that challenging divine question:
Q. Determining with all one's might to justify himself and redeem himself by obedience.
U. Repenting and seeking to walk in new obedience by the power of the Holy Spirit.
E. Honestly admitting that one simply cannot follow Jesus, and forsaking the faith.
R. Crying with remorse, then continuing to live as one always has.
Y. Asking Him for an easier assignment.
9. Complete the verse: Now Jesus and His disciples went out to the towns of Caesarea Philippi; and on the road He asked His , saying to them, "Who do say that I am?" (Each blank is one word.)
10. In His sermon on the mount, Jesus asked: "How can you say to your brother, 'Let me remove the speck from your '?"
11. T or F: Right after the Fall in the Garden of Eden, God asked questions of Adam, Eve, and the serpent.
12. "…when they had eaten breakfast, Jesus said to Simon Peter, 'Simon, son of Jonah, do you love Me more than these?' He said to Him, 'Yes, Lord; You know that I love You.' He said to him, 'Feed My .
He said to him again a second time, 'Simon, son of Jonah, do you love Me?' He said to Him, 'Yes, Lord; You know that I love You.' He said to him, 'Tend My .'
He said to him the third time, 'Simon, son of Jonah, do you love Me?' Peter was grieved because He said to him the third time, 'Do you love Me?' And he said to Him, 'Lord, You know all things; You know that I love You.' Jesus said to him, ' My '." (Each blank is one word, and they must appear in the order given in the text.)
13. "Are you not therefore mistaken, because you do not know the Scriptures nor the power of God?" was asked of:
W. Ananias and Sapphira, by the Holy Spirit
H. the Pharisees, by Christ
A. Job, by God
T. Pilate, by Christ
U. the apostles, by a Voice from Heaven
P. the Sadduccees, by Christ
14. Identify the person to whom God addresses these questions: "Why are you angry? And why has your countenance fallen?"
15. T or F: "Has God not chosen the poor of this world to be rich in faith and heirs of the kingdom which He promised to those who love Him?" is a question NOT directly asked by God.
16. Which question did God NOT ask Job?
W. Where were you when I laid the foundations of the earth?
H. Shall the one who contends with the Almighty correct Him?
Y. Have you entered the treasury of snow, or have you seen the treasury of hail?
N. Have you given the horse strength? Have you clothed his neck with thunder?
O. Where can you go from My Spirit? Or where can you flee from My presence?
T. Who is this who darkens counsel by words without knowledge?
17. Which question DID God ask Job?
I. Who caused all these amazing living creatures to evolve from inanimate matter?
A. How then can man be righteous before God? Or how can he be pure who is born of a woman?
S. Have you veiled the moon with a shadow of blood?
K. Who has put wisdom in the mind? Or who has given understanding to the heart?
18. T or F: The last question God asks in the Bible, found in the book of Revelation, is "Who is worthy to open the scroll and to loose its seals?"
19. Jesus often answered a question by asking one in return. For instance when one asked Him, "Good Teacher, what shall I do that I may inherit eternal life?" Jesus said to him:
J. Do you really believe in eternal life?
K. Why do you call Me good?
L. Why do you want it?
M. Are you able to keep the commandments?
N. Have you not read the Scriptures?
O. How have you lived so far?
20. In the inspired record of His dealings with Abraham, it is written that God asked Himself this question:
I. Shall I hide from Abraham what I am doing?
N. Shall I send Abraham forth from Ur of the Chaldees?
T. Is Abraham worthy of My covenant?
E. Shall Abraham be tested, even this severely?
R. Should Isaac or Ishmael be Abraham's heir?
21. When the LORD spoke to Moses and Aaron, saying, "How long shall I bear with this evil congregation who complain against Me?", He was referring to this incident:
R. Their expression of dissatisfaction with eating manna day after day.
O. Their desire to return to Egypt upon hearing the report of the men who were sent to spy out the promised land.
G. Their claim that widows of other tribes were being neglected in favor of those of the tribe of Moses and Aaron (Levi).
A. Their expression of their desire for a king like the nations.
T. Their disapproval of taking the very weighty, stone sarcophagus that contained the bones of Joseph, as God had commanded.
E. All of the above.
22. The first question that appears in the Bible was asked by God. That question is:
W. Shall I create the universe or not?
H. Why temptest thou the woman?
E. Where are you?
N. Is it good for the man to be alone?
23. When the Lord Jesus Christ, God incarnate, asked a demon possessed man, "What is your name?" this one word reponse was uttered:
24. Choose the best answer to this question: "Why does God, Who knows all things, have any need to ask anyone anything whatsoever?"
J. I don't know
U. Isn't this like asking why does God give explanations when He has no obligation to do so, or give commandments when He has all power to compel?
D. 1 Corinthians 13:12 –"…now we see in a mirror, dimly, but then face to face. Now I know in part, but then I shall know just as I also am known."
G. God does not ask questions in order to learn something He does not know, but in order that the one He asks might learn of Him.
25. "...God will bring every work into judgment, including every secret thing, whether good or evil," wrote the preacher in Ecclesiastes (12:14). "God will judge the secrets of men by Jesus Christ, according to my gospel," wrote the apostle Paul (Romans 2:16). God WILL ask piercing, exhaustive questions on Judgment Day, asking each of us to give account. How do YOU plan to be ready to face that?
M. I just hope that I'll get through somehow.
E. I don't believe God is that harsh.
N. I know I'm going to hell, and there's nothing I can do about it.
T. I'm trusting in Jesus alone for all my salvation.