1. Complete the verse: "Therefore, holy brethren, partakers of a heavenly calling, consider Jesus, the and High Priest of our confession."
2. Homiletics is:
3. We best approach the mystery of the Incarnation by thinking of our Lord as being:
A. Two persons, one divine and one human, with one nature.
B. A mixture of the divine and human forming a composite nature.
C. Human in body, but divine in spirit.
D. One person with two natures, the divine and the human.
4. T or F: The total depravity of mankind means that sin has corrupted every part and aspect of human nature.
5. God is:
A. In need of nothing "outside" of Himself.
B. Holy, changeless, righteous, good, and just.
C. Omniscient, omnipotent, and omnipresent.
D. All of the above.
6. The phrase " of the saints" means that those who truly belong to God will endure to the end and not fail to reach Heaven.
7. The Holy Spirit is:
A. The dynamic power or force of God.
B. The Spirit of the Father only.
C. A divine person equal to the Father and the Son and one with them.
D. A created, invisible being.
8. Original sin is:
A. satan's sinful act of tempting Eve.
B. The sinful nature with which all humans are born.
C. Cain's murder of Abel.
9. grace refers to the truth that those whom the Father has given to Christ will not fail to come to Him (John 6:37).
10. T or F: Salvation for those who lived before Jesus in history was impossible.
11. Providence is best defined as:
A. Direct Divine intervention
C. God's upholding, governing, and disposing of all things
D. God's amazing ability to control events even He did not foresee
12. When referring to the Bible, inspired means:
13. The two hints "physical existence" and "marriage" might help with this one. In the Bible, the Church is called the of Christ, and is asserted to be His as well." (Each blank is one word.)
14. T or F: When theologians say God is immense, they mean that He is inconceivably gigantic.
15. The best definition of God's omnipresence is:
A. Like an invisible gas, the presence of God fills every place.
B. His amazing ability to be in multiple places at the same time.
C. Every place is equally present to the being of God.
D. His huge size makes all creation like a speck in comparison.
16. According to the Bible, God created the universe:
17. T or F: The titles Imperial Pontifex, Shepherd and Bishop of Souls, and Prince of Life are all given to Jesus Christ in the Bible.
18. The attributes of God are:
A. Exactly seven in quantity
B. Always increasing
C. Incapable of being revealed
D. Characteristics or qualities of His being
19. satan (name intentionally not capitalized) is:
A. Able to produce "lying wonders"
B. Destined to eventually cease to exist
C. Opposed to, but equal to God in every way
D. The ruler of the eternal lake of fire
20. Pneumatics is:
A. The branch of theology concerned with angels.
B. The branch of theology concerned with evil spirits.
C. The branch of theology concerned with the human spirit.
The study of the mechanical properties of air and other gases.
21. T or F: Monotheism and Henotheism are synonyms.
22. Christ's heavenly session is:
A. His having sat down at the Father's right hand.
B. The group of 24 elders of whom we read in the book of Revelation.
C. Also known as His heavenly intercession.
D. His eternal communion with the Father.
23. The Church is best defined as:
A. All the Christian denominations considered as a whole.
B. The replacement for ancient Israel.
C. The full number of God's elect people of all ages.
D. A building where worship services are held.
24. Choose what you consider the most accurate statement about the Trinity:
A. The Trinity is like one egg with three parts: the shell, the white, and the yolk.
B. The Trinity is like one man who has three roles: husband, father, and brother.
C. The Trinity is like "identical triplets."
D. Nothing in creation can adequately serve to illustrate the Trinity.
D. None of the above.
25. What happens to a redeemed (saved) person when he or she dies? The answer is best summed up by the verse that includes this phrase: " from the body, with the Lord." (Each blank is one word.)