1. T or F: The apostle Peter told Cornelius that preaching Jesus was commanded by God.
2. A young man named Eutychus fell asleep during a sermon preached by the apostle and fell out of a third story window:
3. In the book of Acts, Luke calls this man "eloquent and mighty in the Scriptures":
4. Certain priests, Sadducees, and the temple captain were greatly disturbed when the apostles "preached in Jesus" this:
A. The resurrection from the dead.
B. The coming destruction of the temple.
C. The end of the Aaronic priesthood.
D. The forgiveness of sins.
5. According to 1 Corinthians 11, this is preached by the administration of the Lord's supper:
A. The need to reunify the entire Church.
B. God's triune nature (the Trinity).
C. The Law and the Prophets.
D. Christ's death.
6. Jesus said, "...the men of will rise up in the judgment with this generation and condemn it, for they repented at the preaching of Jonah; and indeed a greater than Jonah is here."
7. Peter wrote of "those who have preached the gospel":
A. to spirits in prison in the Tower of Babel."
B. out of insincere motives
C. by the Holy Spirit sent from heaven.
D. in an insensitive manner.
8. "He seems to be a preacher of strange gods" was said about:
B. The apostle John
C. The apostle Paul
D. The evangelist Philip
9. The apostle Peter wrote that God, "...did not spare the ancient world, but preserved Noah, a preacher of ..."
10. To the Romans, the apostle Paul wrote that he had preached the Gospel of Christ from Jerusalem and round about to:
11. T or F: The apostle Paul said that Christ sent him to make sure his converts were baptized even if they never actually heard the Gospel.
12. When the church in Jerusalem was scattered on account of persecution by Saul of Tarsus and others, this man went down to the city of Samaria and preached Christ to them:
13. Fill in the blank in the apostle Peter's statement: "For this reason the gospel was preached also to the , that they might be judged according to men in the flesh, but live according to God in the spirit."
14. T or F: In one of his letters, the apostle Paul says that he is happy whether Christ is preached in pretense or in truth.
15. Jesus' sermon on the mount was preached:
A. In a recording studio.
B. To the scribes and Pharisees.
C. To the twelve.
D. To the disciples and many others.
16. Philip preached Jesus to the Ethiopian eunuch, beginning with a passage from this book of Scripture:
17. Choose the BEST definition of expository preaching:
A. It is the same as topical preaching.
B. It motivates those who hear it to act.
C. It aims to bring out the fullness of meaning of a passage.
D. It uses helpful illustrations.
18. T or F: In the book of Revelation we read of the coming proclamation of the special end times version of the Gospel.
19. Sound, Biblical preaching would BEST be described as:
A. Rescuing God's lost sheep.
B. Heralding God's Word.
C. Arguing God's case.
D. Encouraging God's saints.
20. To the Galatians, the apostle Paul wrote, "...I make known to you, brethren, that the gospel which was preached by me
A. is not according to man."
B. can be expressed in four spiritual laws."
C. is the same Gospel that James and John preach."
will not offend people."
21. "The Spirit of the LORD is upon Me, because He has anointed Me to preach the gospel to the poor..." is a portion of the passage from the prophet which Jesus quoted in the synagogue at ." (Each blank is one word.)
22. T or F: When Jesus preached His sermon on the mount, He was sitting down.
23. The author of this Bible book calls himself "the preacher":
24. Jesus said that the of God had been preached since John the baptizer's ministry began.
25. According to the apostle Paul, God is pleased to save:
A. Through the glory of preaching.
B. Through the foolishness of preaching.
C. Through the boredom of preaching.
D. Through the wisdom of preaching.