1. T or F: The Bible often pictures salvation as a Divine purchase.
2. "She considers a field and buys it; from her profits she plants a vineyard." This verse of Scripture refers to:
3. Which set of three contains at least one kind of monetary exchange NOT found in Scripture?
A. Penny, Piece of Silver, Pound.
B. Denarius, Mina, Shekel.
C. Daric, Talent, Mite.
D. Ducat, Drachma, Stater.
4. Complete the verse: "He who does not put out his money at , nor does he take a against the innocent. He who does these things shall never be moved." (Each blank is one word.)
5. Abraham purchased the cave of Machpelah as a burial place:
A. From Ephrathah for five hundred pieces of gold.
B. From Ehud for eleven hundred shekels of copper.
C. From Elishama for ten talents.
D. From Ephron for four hundred shekels of silver.
6. Complete the Biblical statement. "And you shall remember the LORD your God, for it is He who gives you power to . (two words.)
7. Under Joseph's administration, a "straight tax" was imposed on the Egyptians at this annual rate:
8. T or F: The concept of the mortgage is completely foreign to the Scriptures.
9. Jesus said that He did not come to be served, but to serve, and to give His life a ransom for many. This ransom, Christ's own life, was paid to:
10. T or F: The adage "a penny saved is a penny earned" is found in the Bible.
11. The wise men who followed His star from the East presented the Child Jesus with gifts, including gold. According to the Bible,
A. the gold was seized by Herod.
B. what happened to that gold is not known.
C. Mary and Joseph held the gold in trust for Jesus, Who gave it to the poor during His earthly ministry.
D. Judas, a known thief, later stole the gold from Jesus.
12. God gave ancient Israel an ordinance that restrained the oppression of one's neighbor by greedy "land-grabbing". It was called the year of .
13. The Eighth Commandment prohibits stealing and therefore assumes
A. that the precept embodied in the saying, "finders are keepers and losers are weepers" is righteous.
B. that personal possession or ownership is instituted by God.
C. That there are seven sins worse than theft.
D. That our goal should be a society in which theft is eliminated because everything is owned by every member of it.
14. This apostle had been a tax collector:
15. Through Ezekiel, God said that the spiritually adulterous people of Jerusalem were worse than ordinary prostitutes because they gave their lovers and no money was given them.
16. Jesus said, "For you have the poor with you always, but money you do not have always."
17. Ornan the Jebusite offered to give King David a piece of real estate and its appurtenances as a site for an altar which God had commanded David to build. David responded to Ornan's offer by:
A. Rewarding Ornan with a permanent place of honor at the king's table.
B. Praising Ornan for his evident devotion and faithfulness to the LORD.
C. Insisting on compensating Ornan in the amount of 600 shekels of gold for the property.
D. Asking Gad, David's seer, to inquire of the LORD regarding Ornan's offer.
18. The Bible's first mention of money is in connection with the life of this man.
19. Which is a Biblical commandment?
A. You shall not show partiality to a poor man in his dispute.
B. You shall render equal pay for equal work.
C. You shall not show partiality to a rich man in his dispute.
You shall show mercy to the poor and justice to the rich.
20. "A(n) gained hastily at the beginning will not be blessed at the end."
21. Jesus taught that:
A. It is impossible for a rich person to be saved.
B. A vow of poverty is required to attain salvation.
C. It is hard for a rich person to be saved.
D. All poor people will be saved.
22. Which statement best reflects a Biblical view of how to manage one's personal finances?
A. My financial planning gives a higher priority to genuine needs and unforeseen expenses than to things I would like to have.
B. The Lord will prosper me as He promised, so I'm going just a little bit deeper into debt in humble reliance on Him.
C. Since I know exactly how much I will earn this year, I'm going to create a family budget accordingly.
I don't make financial plans or use so-called budgets because doing so is unspiritual and shows a lack of faith.
23. T or F: In preparation for his son Solomon's imminent building of the temple, King David saved up one million talents of silver.
24. Ananias and Sapphira were struck dead by God (Acts 5) because they:
25. 1 Corinthians 6:19,20 ("...you are not your own...you were bought at a price...your body and in your spirit are God's" - condensed) teaches that all a disciple is and all he has belongs to God. So TITHING one's income is best considered as:
A. Giving God ten percent of the EXTRA blessings He gives.
B. God lavishing one with discretionary spending power over ninety percent of some money that belongs to Him.
C. An obsolete old covenant ordinance that deals with mere money and not the spiritual giving of one's very self to God.
D. One practical method to fund the cost of running the church.