1. Complete the verse: "And the went up over all the land of Egypt and rested on all the territory of Egypt. They were very severe; previously there had been no such as they, nor shall there be such after them.
2. T or F: No form of the word "cough" appears in the Bible.
3. When Samuel said, "Do you see him whom the LORD has chosen, that there is no one like him among all the people?" he was referring to:
4. T or F: In several New Testament passages, the plea is made to "accept Jesus Christ as one's personal Lord and Savior."
5. Which question or statement is found in the Bible?
A. Where have all the flowers gone, long time passing?
B. A penny saved is a penny earned.
C. Do not be overly righteous, nor be overly wise: why should you destroy yourself?
D. God helps those who help themselves.
6. Complete the verse: "And there was no like that before it or after it, that the LORD hearkened unto the voice of a : for the LORD fought for Israel. (Each blank is one word.)
7. T or F: Jesus prayed for both the dead, and for people yet to be born.
8. To what horrific event does the following passage refer?
"And so it was that all who saw it said, 'No such deed has been done or seen from the day that the children of Israel came up from the land of Egypt until this day. Consider it, confer, and speak up!' "
A. An incident of ritual cannibalism
B. The murder and dismemberment of a woman
C. An unnamed Old Testament prophet being boiled in oil
D. The sacrifice of a human baby to an idol
9. Striving against the harmful work of false teachers, the Jerusalem Council of the apostolic era wrote a letter to Gentile believers which said that the Council had given "no such commandment." The counterfeit commandment was:
A. You must be circumcised and keep the law.
B. You must have the miraculous ability to speak in languages you never learned.
C. You must purchase an indulgence to assure the forgiveness of sins.
D. You must be baptized by immersion.
10. Complete the proverb: "There is no wisdom or understanding or against the LORD.
11. In Heaven, there will be "no such thing" as:
D. Night, for it is always day there.
E. Locks and keys, for no one breaks in or steals.
L. Shelter, for there is nothing from which to be sheltered.
I. Physicians, attorneys, and morticians for there is no sickness, litigation, or death.
G. Preservatives, for everything is incorruptible
H. Marriages, plural, for there is only one marriage: that of Christ and His bride
T. Any of the above.
12. Who or what is described in the Song of songs as "terrible (or awesome) as an army with banners?"
13. T or F: The Bible suggests that when they showed hospitality to strangers, some thereby unwittingly entertained angels.
14. To what event did the inspired chronicler refer when he wrote that there had not been such a one of them since the days of Samuel, centuries earlier?
A. A miracle of healing
B. A mass circumcision such as had been done even earlier in history with Abraham's household
C. A Passover celebration
D. A successful contact made with the dead by way of a medium.
15. And according to the inspired writer of the book of Kings, which substance was never seen again after the days of Solomon, who used it to make pillars and musical instruments?
A. Stainless steel, the knowledge for the manufacture of which was lost in the dark ages
B. Almug wood from the land of Ophir
C. Petrified resin from antediluvian trees
D. Gopher wood from the land of Nod
16. Which does NOT appear in the King James version?
17. The forbidden fruit eaten by Adam and Eve in the garden of Eden:
18. God promised Noah that:
A. There would never again be a flood to destroy THE EARTH
B. There would never again be a flood to destroy ALL FLESH
C. The annual seasons would continue as long as the Earth endured
D. All of the above
A and C
19. The dietary statutes of the Law required that for an animal to be considered clean, it must chew its , and have hooves. (Each blank is one word.)
20. When officers were first sent by the chief priests and Pharisees to arrest Jesus, and returned empty-handed, their response to the question "why have you not brought Him?" was:
A. No man ever spoke like this Man!
B. We found no such man as you described.
C. There's no way you would have done different if you had been there and seen His miracles.
D. That fisherman He calls the little rock looked pretty mean and tough, and we were scared!
21. T or F: The account of Jonah is the only one in Scripture wherein a person is swallowed by a great fish.
22. In hell, there will be "no such thing" as:
M. A bunch of friends with whom to endure it
I. A moment's rest or relief
S. Shelter, although every element there will perpetually assail
E. Light in its utter, pitch darkness
R. Any appeal of one's case, any medicine for one's agony, nor any hope for one's annihilation
All of the above.
23. Choose the statement that best accords with sound Biblical teaching:
A. There is no such thing as unjust suffering. If someone suffers, it is always because he or she has done something wrong.
B. There is no such thing as probability.
C. There is no such thing as free grace. Those who are saved pay for it by exercising faith instead of rendering obedience.
There is no such thing as luck.
24. "It is not possible that the blood of bulls and goats could take away ."
25. Choose the response closest to the one you would give to this statement: "I simply cannot believe that a loving God would punish people eternally. There is no such thing as hell."
A. Do you believe that there is such a thing as an eternal Heaven?
B. I agree. I don't think the Bible really teaches it.
C. We can't fully understand it now, but we will someday.
D. God is love, but God is also perfectly just. Hell is the just penalty for sin.