1. T or F: Believing the Bible to be the infallible Word of God means taking everything it says LITERALLY.
2. T or F: Many ANTICHRISTS have already appeared on the stage of world history.
3. T or F: The saints will judge angels.
4. T or F: Biblical prophecy indicates that before Jesus returns, more angels will fall into sin, join the devil's kingdom, and strengthen it.
5. T or F: The religion of Islam teaches the second coming of Jesus to Earth.
6. This eschatological error asserts that the resurrection has already taken place:
7. A-millenialism, Post-millenialism, and Pre-millenialism are three Christian doctrinal positions on this quiz's subject. Their common term, "millenialism", refers to:
A. A thousand year period which definitely is yet to come.
B. A thousand year period which definitely has past already.
C. The thousand years of which we read at Revelation 20:2-7.
D. A long period of time which definitely includes the present.
8. The essential burden of all Biblical prophecy, its very spirit, is:
A. The testimony of Jesus.
B. To provide a broad outline or chart of God's plan.
C. The detailed prediction of future events.
D. Very unlike that of the Law of Moses.
9. The Gospel of Matthew records an extensive answer Jesus gave to His disciples when they asked Him "...what will be the sign of Your coming, and of the end of the age?" It is called:
A. The Synoptic Apocalypse.
B. The Sermon on the Mount.
C. The Olivet Discourse.
D. The Gethsemane Discourse.
10. The number six hundred and sixty-six is:
A. The number of the beast in Revelation 13 who causes all to receive a mark on their right hand or on their foreheads.
B. The quantity of talents of gold that came annually to King Solomon.
C. The census total for the clan of Adonikam who returned from the Babylonian captivity.
D. All of the above.
11. Choose the best definition of "the last days":
A. The last seven years of history before Christ returns.
B. The time from the first advent of Jesus until the present.
C. The time since modern Israel became a nation in 1948 A.D. through the present
D. A future period of time (i.e. the last days have not yet begun).
12. Early Christians who believed in a literal, earthly, 1,000 year kingdom were called:
13. Four times in the Gospel of John, chapter six, Jesus says he will raise His people from the dead:
A. On two separate occasions, elsewhere called the first resurrection and the second resurrection.
B. At the last day.
C. At a time He Himself does not know.
D. At at time which both now is, and is yet to come.
14. When he received the "revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave Him to show His servants -- things which must shortly take place", the apostle John was on this Mediterranean island:
15. Complete the Scripture passage: "...looking for and hastening the coming of the day of God, on account of which ______ ."
A. the demons tremble.
B. to Him will be glory for ever and ever. Amen.
C. he that says he abides in Him ought to walk as He walked.
D. the heavens will be destroyed by burning, and the elements will melt with intense heat!
16. The prophecy of Zechariah and the book of Revelation both speak of:
17. Complete this verse from Paul's second letter to Timothy: "Hymenaeus and Philetus are of this sort, who have strayed concerning the truth, saying _______________ ."
A. wail, for the day of the Lord is at hand! It will come as destruction from the Almighty.
B. the Lord will surely come again before this generation passes away.
C. that the resurrection is already past; and they overthrow the faith of some.
D. the most High will show you visions of high things, which the most High will do to them that dwell upon the earth in the last days.
18. Jesus foretold:
A. The rapid growth of technology in the last days.
B. The destruction of Jerusalem in 70 A.D.
C. The rapture of the Church, further described by Paul in his letters.
The Protestant Reformation.
19. The term PAROUSIA refers to:
A. The resurrecton of the lost unto damnation.
B. The visible, bodily return of Christ in which all Christians believe.
C. The ministry of angels in connection with last days events.
The appearance of a false Christ.
20. The Holy Spirit revealed to the prophet Daniel that this would take place in Daniel's future:
A. God's setting up of a kingdom which will never be destroyed.
B. One like a son of man coming with the clouds of heaven before the Ancient of Days.
C. The rise to power of Alexander the Great.
All of the above.
21. Regarding the wonders occuring on the day of Pentecost, the apostle Peter stood and proclaimed, "...this is what was spoken by the prophet : 'And it shall come to pass in the last days, says God, that I will pour out of My Spirit on all flesh...'"
22. Paul wrote to the Thessalonians about "the man of sin"..."the son of perdition, who opposes and exalts himself above all that is called God or that is worshiped, so that he sits as God in the temple of God, showing himself that he is God." Zealous for the truth that Christ alone is the head of His Church, some have identified this personage as the:
23. John 11:23, 24 (NKJ) - Jesus said to her, "Your brother will rise again." Martha said to Him, "I know that he will rise again in the at the last day."
24. 1 Thessalonians 4:16 (NKJ) - "For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of an archangel, and with the of God. And the dead in Christ will rise first."
25. Jesus said, "But of that day and hour no one knows, not even the angels in heaven, nor the , but only the Father."