1) The trouble with St. Valentine's day is:
a) That a 20th century gangland massacre is associated with it.
b) That a real heart doesn't have the symmetrical shape of its symbol.
c) That some people pronounce it Valen Times.
d) To be discussed elsewhere, if necessary. This is just an ice breaker question.
2) The account of Isaac's and Rebekah's relationship:
a) Displays the comforting power of a good marriage.
b) Shows the value of parental guidance in courtship.
c) A, B, and D.
d) Is a wonderful display of God's Providence in "matters of the heart".
3) Adam and Eve started out with a perfect marriage because:
a) They were created without sin, in God's image.
b) Neither one had a rival for the other's attentions.
c) They had no financial worries.
d) He was brutally handsome and she was terminally pretty.
4) Genesis 37:3 says that Israel (Jacob) loved Joseph more than all his children. By this we:
a) See that Joseph's brothers were justified in selling him into slavery.
b) Know that parental favoritism is absolutely fine.
c) Realize that Scripture does not falsely idolize the Biblical saints.
d) Understand that Joseph's "coat of many colors" is only a figure of speech.
5) After His resurrection, Jesus indicated that He would know Peter's love for Him by Peter's:
a) Weeping whenever he thought about Jesus' horrible death.
b) Telling others how much he loved Jesus.
c) Using the phrase, "praise the Lord" in every other sentence.
d) Feeding Jesus' sheep.
6) In the Song of songs which is Solomon's we read that:
a) Silence is golden.
b) Love is as enduring as the heavens.
c) It is better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.
d) Love is as strong as death.
7) A form of the word love appears in every book of the New Testament except:
d) 2 Corinthians.
8) Samson's and Delilah's relationship:
a) Is one of the greatest pictures of true love in the Bible.
b) Was stormy, but everything worked out in the end.
c) Was arranged by their parents.
d) Is a sad account of lust, deception, and betrayal.
9) In the book of Revelation, we read, "Blessed are those who are called to..."
a) The marriage supper of the Lamb.
b) Love's eternal celebration.
c) The glorious liberty of the children of God.
d) Love God and one another forever and ever.
10) The prophet Hosea:
a) Very likely edited the Song of Solomon.
b) Is known as "the prophet of love".
c) Is quoted by Paul in 1 Corinthians 13.
d) Was commanded by God to love an adulterous woman.
11) "God is love", wrote the apostle John (1 John 4:8,16) This shows us:
a) How two apostles fully agree, for Paul wrote "the greatest is love" (1 Corinthians 13:13).
b) That we can also say "love is God".
c) A glimpse into the eternal relationships of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit.
d) That love is greater than other Divine attributes such as holiness, justice, and wisdom.
12) Wise Solomon determined which of two claimants was the real mother of an infant by:
a) Depending on the unselfishness of true mother love.
b) Having a DNA test done.
c) Receiving a special Divine revelation.
d) Secretly asking the father.
13) Choose the line that does not belong:
a) Love does not envy.
b) Love seeks the good in each and all.
c) Love suffers long and is kind.
d) Love does not parade itself, is not puffed up.
14) "Love means never having to say you're sorry" is:
a) An excellent and concise summary of the Bible's teaching on forgiveness.
b) A statement found in the apocryphal book of Judith.
c) A colossally unscriptural and foolish statement.
d) None of the above.
15) What Amnon felt for Tamar was:
a) Obsessive infatuation.
b) A true love that would not be denied.
c) Misguided, but true love.
d) A special fondness of the "platonic" type.
16) An example of godly courtship is seen in how this couple came together:
a) Shechem and Dinah.
b) Boaz and Ruth.
c) Abraham and Hagar.
d) David and Michael the daughter of Saul.
17) According to the apostle Paul, he who loves another has:
a) Fulfilled the law.
b) Gained knowledge of the certainty of his election.
c) Entered the kingdom of God.
d) No reason to be afraid of anything.
18) According to apostle John, the love of God has been perfected in the one who:
a) Never becomes angry.
b) Wants to depart this life and be with Christ.
c) Keeps God's word.
d) Cries at weddings.
19) Love at first sight:
a) Only happens in the movies.
b) That is, a purpose to be charitable, should occur when we meet anyone.
c) Is the underlying theme of the Song of Solomon.
d) Is the best basis for a lasting, happy marriage.
20) According to the apostle Peter, Christians love Jesus:
a) Though they have not seen Him.
b) In a fickled way, as Peter himself once did.
c) Because the Spirit intercedes for them.
d) Corporately and individually.
21) The law of Moses:
a) Says nothing about loving God.
b) Has several direct commands to love God.
c) Only foreshadows love for God.
d) Was overturned by Jesus' law of love.
a) Is never expressed by God toward anyone.
b) Is never expressed by any Biblical saint toward anyone.
c) Is never anything but SIN, plain and simple.
d) None of the above.
23) "Love sings when Jesus prevails" is a line from:
a) "Charity's Creed", an ancient confession of faith.
b) 1 Corinthians 13 itself.
c) A modern song based on 1 Corinthians 13.
d) The Didache.
24) In Proverbs we read that whom the LORD loves, He:
a) Blesses with prosperity.
c) Keeps from trials.
25) In this is love, not that we loved God, but that:
a) His love was poured out in our hearts by the Spirit.
b) We have tried our best to obey Him.
c) We accepted Jesus.
d) He loved us and sent His Son to be the propitiation for our sins.
Pastor Graham's Teaching Page
Quiz script provided by