1) In the book of Ecclesiastes:
a) No Divine names or titles appear.
b) All direct references to God are as El Shaddai (God Almighty).
c) God is called Elohim, but never Yahweh (Jehovah).
d) Yahweh (Jehovah) is called God but never Lord.
2) King David wrote Psalms:
a) Intending that they be sung.
b) A, C, and D.
c) To express praise to God.
d) To express a wide range of affections.
3) A much beloved Psalm says that the Great Shepherd leads in paths of:
4) Careful Bible study reveals that Solomon wrote:
a) 3,000 Proverbs.
b) 31 Proverbs.
c) 931 Proverbs.
d) All the Proverbs in the book by that name.
5) The statement that the fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom is found:
a) Several times in the Psalms.
b) In Job, Psalms, and Proverbs.
c) Only once in the Song of songs.
d) Only once in Ecclesiastes.
6) God tells Job friends:
a) To go and visit Job in his sorrow.
b) That they should have pity on Job, because their trials were coming.
c) To leave Job after spending seven days with him.
d) That they had not spoken rightly of Him, as Job had.
7) In Ecclesiastes, the preachers warns us to remember our Creator before:
a) The silver bowl is tarnished.
b) The golden cord is broken.
c) The pitcher is shattered at the fountain.
d) The ox breaks its leg at the well.
a) The white of an egg, the formation of ice, and the raven.
b) The horse, a great sea creature, and the moon.
c) Some kind of "dinosaur", constellations, and miners.
d) Leather gloves, pet cats, and the rings of Saturn.
9) This man's name appears in two Psalms:
10) In Ecclesiastes we read, "Cast your bread upon the waters, for..."
a) That's how you chum for fish, my son.
b) Behold, stale bread pleases no man.
c) You will find it after many days.
d) Man does not live by bread alone.
11) Proverbs depicts wisdom as:
a) The result of much theological speculation.
b) A noble lady who has built her house.
c) Beyond the reach of ordinary people.
d) Equivalent to a positive mental attitude.
12) This statement is found in the Song of Solomon:
a) The fragance of your breath is like pomegranates.
b) Your neck is like a golden tower.
c) Your head crowns you like Mount Zion.
d) Your nose is like the tower of Lebanon.
13) These two groups stole Job's livestock:
a) The Assyrians and the Manicheans.
b) The Sabeans and the Chaldeans.
c) The Sidonians and the Laodiceans.
d) The Syrians and the Tyroleans.
14) In Song of songs, this group speaks as one:
a) The daughters of Jersusalem.
b) The Shulamites.
c) The sisters of Solomon.
d) The mothers of Israel.
15) Psalms one through one hundred fifty are BEST described as:
a) All having been written by King David under the Holy Spirit's inspiration.
b) The portion of the Old Testament that should primarily concern Christians.
c) The chapters of the largest book of the Bible.
d) A collection of Holy Spirit inspired songs, meditations, and prayers.
16) In Ecclesiastes we read "Dead flies...
a) Putrefy the perfumer's ointment."
b) Are better than living cowards."
c) Like you, O man, were once alive."
d) Are often found on window sills."
17) According to Proverbs, there is more hope for a fool than for:
a) A drunkard.
b) A wicked fool.
c) A man wise in his own eyes.
d) A king who neglects counsel.
18) According to the apostles Peter and Paul, Psalm 16:
a) Was chronologically the first psalm that David wrote.
b) Foreshadowed the destruction of Herod's temple.
c) Prophesied of the resurrection of Jesus.
d) Foreshadowed the coming of John the baptizer.
19) In Ecclesiastes we learn that a good name is better than:
a) Rubies and emeralds.
b) Precious ointment.
c) Length of days.
d) All of the above.
20) The lover in the Song of songs says that:
a) She no longer cares about being queen.
b) She is a princess of the house of David.
c) The watchmen of the city struck and wounded her.
d) Her beloved is like a stag in the valleys.
21) Which of these was or were too difficult for the Proverb writer to understand:
a) The way of a man with a virgin.
b) The way of an eagle in the air or a serpent on a rock.
c) The way of a ship in the midst of the sea.
d) All of the above.
22) The Song of Solomon:
a) Pictures Christ and the Church.
b) Never actually mentions Solomon by name.
c) Deals with a classic love triangle.
d) Was written about Solomon by an unknown (human) author.
23) In the book of Job, Eliphaz proclaims:
a) "Your turn, Bildad, take over."
b) "I also know that my Redeemer lives."
c) "God charges His angels with error."
d) "God was unable to protect Job from satan."
24) The King of glory Psalm is:
a) Actually found in the book of First Samuel.
b) Psalm 42.
c) Not a psalm of David.
d) Psalm 24.
25) Which saying comes from the
Song of Solomon:
a) Mazel Tov!
b) Love is as strong as death.
c) Oy veh!
d) Turn, turn, turn.
Pastor Graham's Teaching Page
Quiz script provided by