1) These animals came into being on the fifth day of the divine creation:
b) Birds and sea creatures
c) T-rex and triceratops
d) All of the above
2) One reason God had pity on this city was because it contained much cattle:
3) The passage in Isaiah that says "the wolf also shall dwell with the lamb" goes on to say that a nursing child shall play by the:
a) Cobra's hole
b) Hornets' nest
c) Scorpion's hole.
d) Bear's den.
4) According to the book of Leviticus, the destiny of the scapegoat was:
a) Known only to the priests and Levites.
b) To escape being sacrificed at the last moment, like Isaac did.
c) To have its horns removed, but its life spared.
d) To be banished to the wilderness.
5) These creatures were appointed by God to be "caterers" to the prophet Elijah
d) All of the above.
6) Exactly what animal was the "great fish" which God appointed to swallow Jonah?
a) It was probably a freakishly gigantic grouper (sea bass).
b) It is easily shown to have been a blue whale.
c) It is not discernable from the text.
d) None, Jonah is relating a vision, not a real experience he had.
7) After preparing animals for a sacrifice, Abraham drove these away from the bodies:
8) The Law of Moses commands that an ox not be muzzled:
a) With a muzzle made of wood.
b) On the Sabbath.
c) Unless it habitually gores.
d) While it treads grain.
9) At the dawn of history, all land animals were:
10) About which formidable, powerful creature did God discourse to Job?
11) Fill in the blank from God's words to Job: "Have you given the _______ strength? Have you clothed his neck with thunder?"
12) After the Flood, God told Noah:
a) To dedicate vast tracts of land as animal preserves.
b) Which animals to keep domesticated, and which to let go wild.
c) To change all the names which Adam had given to the animals.
d) That animals would now fear Mankind.
13) Which is the most Scriptural answer to a recently saddened child's question, "Will my doggie go to Heaven?"
a) Yes, of course, you can be assured of that!
b) I don't know, but I do know that no one will ever be sad in Heaven.
c) Definitely not, you silly little sentimentalist!
d) Hold that question until you are grown up.
14) Which one is NOT mentioned in the King James Bible:
d) Flying, fiery serpent.
15) According to the dietary (kosher) laws of the Old Covenant, animals with these two qualifications could be eaten:
a) Having a split hoof and nursing its young.
b) Lacking protruding fangs but having a tail.
c) Chewing its cud and having a split hoof.
d) Nursing its young but not chewing the cud.
16) When some of the Israelites in the wilderness tried to save the manna from one day to the next:
a) It bred worms and stank.
b) Moses and Aaron had it thrown it to the dogs.
c) It attracted biting red ants.
d) The "little foxes that spoil the vine" carried it off.
17) The Bible has this many accounts of animals speaking:
18) The account of how Balaam's donkey spoke is well known. Which question was posed to Balaam by the beast?
a) May I please have some water?
b) Am I not your donkey, on which you have ridden all your life long to this day?
c) Do you not see the Angel of the LORD standing there?
d) Why have you kicked me these seven times?
19) In the Bible, the term "lion of the tribe of Judah" refers to:
The Lord Jesus Christ.
b) Joab, King David's military commander.
c) King David himself.
d) Haile Selassie.
20) To the Corinthians, the apostle Paul wrote that he had fought wild beasts in this city:
21) Who spoke these words: "Then I went on to the Fountain Gate and to the King's Pool, but there was no room for the animal under me to pass."
22) Cat(s) and elephant(s) are BOTH mentioned in the Bible this number of times:
23) "There are three things which are too wonderful for me, yes, four which I do not understand: the way of __________, the way of a serpent on a rock, the way of a ship in the midst of the sea, and the way of a man with a virgin." (Choose the phrase the completes the verse.)
a) an eagle in the air
b) a bee making honey
c) an ostrich that forsakes her young
d) Leviathan in the deep
24) "Who knows the spirit of the sons of men, which goes upward, and the spirit of the animal, which goes _______ ." (Choose the phrase that completes the verse.)
a) back to its Creator?
b) down to the earth?
c) but does not return?
d) into its seed?
25) The Lord Jesus triumphantly entered Jerusalem riding on a:
c) young donkey.
Quiz script provided by